Your cart is empty.
The Tashkent Metro was built in the 1970s, it became the first transport system of its kind in Central Asia. Today the subway is not only a convenient and fast means of transportation, but also one of the main city attractions. In the decor of the stations national motifs are often present. During the USSR, the Tashkent metro was considered one of the most picturesque in the whole Union.
The square is located in the very center of the city near the place where until the middle of the XIX century there was a palace of the Kokand khans. After the establishment of the Russian protectorate, the residence of the governor-general was built here. In Soviet times, the square was renamed in honor of Lenin. In 1991, a monument to the leader of the proletariat dismantled and erected in its place the monument of Independence.
The square was laid in 1882 by the order of the Turkestan governor-general MG Chernyaev. In its center is a monument to Amir Temur (Tamerlane) - an outstanding statesman of the 14th century who created a huge empire. Until 2009, around the monument was a small park, but after reconstruction it turned into a square with fountains and green lawns. In this place there are several interesting sights.
(To Square 5 minutes from our hotel)
A complex of religious buildings erected in honor of one of the first Islamic preachers in Uzbekistan - Hazrati Imam. It consists of a cathedral mosque, two madrasahs, a mausoleum and another Namazgokh mosque. The buildings were erected at different times from the 16th to the 21st century. The oldest one is the Barakkhan Madrasah built in 1532, the most recent is the Muslim Temple of 2007, built on the initiative of President Islam Karimov.
Religious educational institution of the XVI century, which for many years served as the cultural and educational center of the city. In the 18th century a caravan-saray was placed here, in the XIX - the Khan's fortress. There is a legend that at this time from the walls of Kukeldash were thrown in bags of unfaithful wives, and also conducted other public executions in the fortress. After the restoration of the madrasah building in the 20th century, the original functions were returned to him.
A new Muslim temple in 2013, built on the initiative of President Islam Karimov. The building was erected in the traditional architectural style, characteristic of Central Asia of the Bukhara Khanate era. The mosque has two high minarets and a sky-blue dome. The interior space is decorated in a manner of "naksh". The prayer hall is designed for 2,400 people, which makes it one of the largest in Uzbekistan.
The Orthodox Church of the ROC, erected in 1878 with the funds of the Governor-General and members of the Christian community of Tashkent. From 1933 to 1945 the church was closed, but then it was again given to believers and again consecrated. The building was reconstructed in the 1990s. During the work, the adjacent audience was ennobled and the church bell tower was rebuilt.
Catholic church in the Neo-Gothic style, created under the project of the Polish master L. Panchakevich. Construction began in 1912, but after the October Revolution the works were stopped. The cathedral was unfinished until the 1970s-1980s until it was not recognized as an architectural monument. In the 1990s, the building was handed over to the Catholic parish and completely rebuilt.